As the Movement for Unconditional Justice, we held our second watch in front of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) on Friday, December 4th. Our watch, which allowed 4 people to attend due to the coronavirus pandemic, lasted 3 hours. During the watch;
- We informed the visitors who came to our stand by distributing the brochures containing our goals and plans.
- We reserved this week’s issue as our first topic, that we decided to address different issues every week, to the women’s rights violations which is the unchanging issue of Turkey for many years.
- In our statement; we mentioned that in today’s Turkey where the human rights violations have increased, the women’s rights violations have increased as well and women in Turkey have passed through a difficult period. We summarized how women’s rights have been eroding day by day under the patriarchal culture patterns.
- In an environment where social peace gives way to hatred, the weak sections are further crushed under the unlimited power of the state. In this dire situation, we expressed our concern about the termination discussions of the Istanbul Convention.
- In our statement, we also memorialized women whose human’s rights were violated by the State such as Figen Yüksekdağ, Acun Karadağ, Nazan Bozkurt, Alev Şahin, Esma Uludağ, Halime Gülsu and Şebnem Korur Fincancı.
- With the social discrimination method that many oppressed women experience is tried to be normalized. Being aware of these facts, we will work without losing our hope.
According to us; powerful women in Turkey deserve a strong society in which they have equal rights, on the contrary of a male-dominated society that applauded by the political regime.